Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3rd, 2000

This day, 11 years ago, was the worst day of my entire life thus far. It was the day my dear grandmother passed away. She was the backbone of our entire family. She was the most courageous , caring, most generous woman I have ever met in my life(aside from my mother). She loved life and fought with every being in her body to survive her battle against cancer.  She will never be forgotten. I miss her more and more every day.
A poem for my grandmother:

                                   "If tears could bring a stairway and memories a lane,
I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye,
you were gone before I knew it, and only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness and secret tears still flow,
what it means to lose you, no one will ever know."
-unknown-


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother, but what a wonderful legacy she has in you & your girls! I am sure you will pass on her spark to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I know you miss your grandmother and am so sorry for your pain. I do know, however, that she is watching you and is SO proud. She must be proud to have a granddaughter as caring and generous as she was. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a nice poem. i'm sorry i never got to meet your nana but i know she is very proud of you and everything you do. you're such a wonderful mommy to jenna and isabella and the best sister-in-law i could ask for.

    ReplyDelete