Monday, March 14, 2011

Oops

This past weekend was such a whirlwind that I completely forgot to post "Something New Sunday." Well, today, although it is not Sunday, I tried something new....a new recipe. I decided to get out the good old crock pot and make Turkey Chili! As it simmered my home was immersed in the aroma, it was wonderful!
Of course neither of my girls would give it a try they are extremely picky eaters ( hmm, I have no idea where they get that from ;)  ) But hopefully Philip will enjoy!!! Here's the recipe:

Turkey Chili in the Crock pot
Ingredients:  1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
                   1 large onion, chopped
                   1 garlic clove, chopped ( I used 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic)
                   1 1/2 cups frozen corn
                   1 red bell pepper, chopped
                   1 green bell pepper, chopped
                   1(28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
                   1(15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
                   1(8 oz.) can tomato sauce
                   1(1.25 oz.) package chili seasoning mix
                   1/2 teaspoon salt

1) Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Spoon mixture into crock pot; stir in corn and next 7 ingredients.
2) Cook at HIGH 4 to5 hours or at LOW 6 to 8 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment