Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow.

United States

England

France 1

France 2


Let me start by saying I am not a fan of snow. It has followed me in every country I have been in during the last month and a half of  my life. It all started in England in December. We ventured off to admire the beaches of the North Sea ( we lefy Jenna with my MIL bc it was waaaay to cold for her). As we were standing on the beach of places the heavens decided to unleash a down pour of cold wet snow upon us. wonderful. Then came France. I have never been to France so I was very excited to see anyhting and everything tourist worthy, afterall, I only had two nights and one day to do so. From the minute we landed in Paris until the minute we left ....it snowed. Needless to say all that we hoped to see became quite difficukt whilst parading around Paris trying to keep our little girls warm and sheltered from the snow. lovely. Not only did it snow all day and night, but on our second night we had an experience that I will never forget. Now I can laugh about it. As we left the train station in our taxi, meant to deliver safely to our hotel, our cab driver pulled over half way through the drive and told us we had to exit the car because he felt his little car would not withstand the snowy path to our hotel, which was a mile down the road!! So.....hubby and I took one look at eachother and off we went. We plowed through the snow with our little girls, one in a stroller and one on daddys back. We had many laughs along the way.. one about Philps continous references to feeling like Mary and Joseph and another the fact that Isabella had not gone potty allllllll day while in the city, nor did she ask to go...until we were stuck on the side of the snowy street a mile down the road from our hotel. So, we found a bathroom and after taking off a million layers, there was relief. We then continued our mile walk to our hotel where we took advantage of room service and adult beverages. Like I said....I am not a fan of snow.

3 comments:

  1. You may not be a fan of the snow, but I am a huge fan of your 2 super cute snow bunnies!! Don't worry, spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate the snow too!!
    p.s. i love your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.word! I cannot believe you having to walk a mile in the snow to your hotel! But what a memory & great story to share for years to come! Love the photo of you guys in front of the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete