Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I Whipped Up Wednesday

I have been attempting to try a new recipe each week, this week I tried my hand at Bourbon Chicken. Although some recipes call for actual Bourbon, I decided to try one that did without. I have to say, it was AMAZING!! Seriously, If I had to liken it to a well known meal I would compare it to PF Changs Spicy Chicken. Its a bit spicy and a bit sweet, it is delicious!!! I think it might become a staple meal in the Poole household!!!

Bourbon Chicken:
Ingredients-
2 lbs chicken
1-2 tbsp of olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed ( I used 1 tsp minced garlic)
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 C apple juice
1/3 C brown sugar
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 C water
1/3 C Soy Sauce

1) Add olive oil to pan, brown chicken over medium chicken, once browned remove from pan.
2) Add all ingredients to the pan and stir until mostly dissolved. Add chicken back into pan, simmer for 20 minutes.

I served ours over brown rice with a side of sugar snap peas! It was scumptious!!!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment